On December 30, 2016, the Government of West Bengal announced The Swasthya Sathi Scheme. Under this scheme, the government provides a basic health insurance plan that covers five lakhs per year for a family that includes secondary and tertiary care. The GOWB funds the Swasthya Sathi card. It is a cashless, paperless card designed around a smart card. The goal of this scheme is to guarantee the universal healthcare of all residents in the State. To learn about its unique benefits, eligibility criteria, etc., read more.
What is the Swasthya Sathi Scheme?
A universal health scheme, Swasthya Sathi, was launched through the Government of West Bengal, where permanent families from West Bengal are eligible to gain health benefits under the scheme. This unique scheme covers health coverage of Rs.5 Lakhs per family.
A smart health insurance card part of this Swasthya Sathi scheme is the Swasthya Sathi card. Usually, the oldest woman member of the family gets the card. It applies to everyone in the family, including physically challenged and dependents and parents of both spouses.
|Name of the Scheme||Swasthya Sathi Card|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister of West Bengal (Mamta Banerjee)|
|Advantage||To offer health Facility up to ₹500,000|
|Work Under||The Government of West Bengal|
|Aim||Offering health services by the scheme|
|Beneficiary||Resident of West Bengal|
Objective of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
Swasthya Sathi scheme doesn’t intend for people with health coverage from programs or government positions; however, this scheme focuses on those who cannot afford the kind of insurance due to a lack of funds. After registering, you will quickly get a card, and then you can access their website. This scheme gives various advantages and benefits to the citizens of West Bengal. This may include receiving excellent treatment in the most prestigious hospitals without spending money, Transportation allowances and other benefits.
Key Features of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme:
- Transparent Hospital Gradation: The Empanelment committee is the one who approves the grade and then empanels this hospital.
- Compulsory Pre-Authorization for Treatment: All medical treatment and procedures for the beneficiaries get approved within 24 hours.
- Real-time Updation: The uploading process is live, and real-time beneficiary’s e-health records when discharged from the hospital.
- Swasthya Sathi Mobile App: You can get full assistance to recipients via Android support.
- SMS Alerts: SMS alerts are sent to the beneficiary in case their health card is blocked.
- Toll-Free Call Centre: The recipients can contact the 24/7 toll-free helpline at 1800-345-5384 and select feedback.
- Online Grievance Monitoring Mechanism: The beneficiaries can share their grievances with the online portal of Swastha Sathi.
- Quick Claim Reimbursement: The hospital expenses get reimbursed within 30 days.
Advantages of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Coverage Amount: For every family, health insurance provides coverage of up to Rs 5 lakh for primary and tertiary medical services.
- Pre-existing Disease Coverage: The program covers all the participants with pre-existing illnesses.
- Family Coverage: Family size in a family is not restricted. In-laws, as well as any family members who are physically impaired, can be covered.
- Financial Cover: The burden of financial responsibility is not placed on the beneficiary since the State Government pays the premium.
- Cashless Hospitalisation: Swasthya Sathi Scheme pays for medical consults, diagnostic tests and the purchase of medications a day before admission to the hospital. This includes the post-treatment costs related to medications for up to five days.
Coverage Benefits Of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Zero Premium Coverage: The West Bengal State Government covers the Swasthya Sathi health scheme’s cost, and the enrolled beneficiary does not need to pay for any of the services.
- Health Cover of Rs 5 Lakh: It is worth noting that the Swasthya Sathi Prokolpo gives an insurance plan for health worth 5 lakh for medical, secondary and tertiary treatment per family. So the beneficiaries can insure their overall treatment costs.
- No Cap on Family Size: It is a healthcare insurance scheme launched by the State Government and has no cap on family size. It includes the beneficiaries’ parents, in-laws, and physically challenged dependents.
- Covers Pre-Existing Ailments: If you have any existing ailments, the scheme will allow you to get insurance coverage and prioritize your health.
- Treatment Expenses: This Scheme covers pre and after-treatment costs. The costs of diagnostic tests, doctor’s appointments and the cost of medicines are all covered. Post-treatment costs up to five days following the treatment get covered.
- Transport Allowances: It beneficiaries get paid for transportation up to Rs.200 per hospital visit. This amount can go up to Rs.2000 during a policy year. If you get the treatment in a public hospital using a Swasthya Sathi Smart card, the patient receives an additional travel allowance from Rs.400 to Rs.700 as a transportation allowance.
How to apply for the Swasthya Sathi Health Scheme?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Swasthya Saathi.
- Step 2: Look for ‘Apply online’ option in the top menu bar and click on it. From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Form B for registration under Swasthya Sathi’.
- Step 3: Print out the registration form and fill up all necessary details correctly.
- Step 4: After filling up, submit the Registration Form with required documents at nearest Duare Government Camp.
Registration Under the West Bengal Health Smart Card Scheme
As part of the scheme, every family will receive a health card, which they can use to get complimentary treatment of up to 5 lakhs at any of the empanelled or government-owned hospitals within the state. It also covers any pre-existing medical conditions. And doesn’t have any age limit of enrollment.
You can apply for the scheme online through their official website. The application process requires only basic information like the name, address, contact, etc. After approval, you’ll get a health card to avail of treatment for free at any hospital registered under the scheme.
Some of the requirements to register include:
- Aadhar cards and voter ID cards or any other ID card.
- Certificate from BPL
Swasthya Sathi Online Registration Process
Following steps should be taken to register online for Swasthya Sathi Yojana 2023:
- Step 1: There is a need that users would go to the scheme’s official site and this is swasthyasthi.gov.in
- Step 2: Then login to homepage will be opened
- Step 3: For applying online, users must also click on the link
- Step 4: Now look at Apply Online list
- Step 5: Fourth one in this list i.e. Form B has to be selected because its sub heading is “This scheme” (not necessary).
- Step 6: PDF format will appear next where one needs to fill in as well as attach documents.
- Step 7: And finally click on submit button after you have completed the process of registration.
- Step 8: This person later receives a registration number which should be saved.
There are no fees associated with the registration process on swasthya sathi online portal. Users can easily go through the platform and access complete benefits of it.
Apply For Swasthya Sathi Hospital Registration
- Step 1: Visit the portal of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button, at the menu. Select ‘Hospital Registration’ from the dropdown menu.
- Step 3: Provide all the required information, including district name, hospital category, hospital name, address, contact number and other necessary details.
- Step 4: Attach any documents. Click on ‘Submit’ button in order to complete the hospital registration process.
Process To check Swasthya Sathi Hospital Registration Status
- Step 1: Go to the website of the Swasthya Sathi Scheme.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button in the menu. Choose ‘Check Hospital Reg. Status, from the menu.
- Step 3: Enter your registered mobile number. Click on ‘Search’ to retrieve your hospital registration status.
For logging into the Swasthya Sathi Portal
- Step 1: Visit the official website using any of your desired “Browser”.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Login’ option located at the corner of the page.
- Step 3: You will see a login form where you can enter credentials and then, you will be redirected to the page.
Eligibility Criteria for the Swasthya Sathi Scheme
- Anyone who is a resident of West Bengal, apart from those who already have coverage under any other government scheme, can apply for Swasthya Sathi.
- Individuals receiving medical allowances in their salary are not qualified under this scheme.
- The person wishing to take advantage of coverage must be a citizen of West Bengal
- Only the female member of the family gets the smart card under the scheme.
Swasthya Sathi Smart Card
Each beneficiary is issued the Swasthya Sathi Smart card at enrolment. All information about insured family members gets recorded on the smart card, including biometrics, photos, SECC ID, address, and mobile number. The family members insured can avail of the medical services offered by this program in both hospitals, both public and private. They must deposit this smart card in the first 24 hours of hospitalization in cashless payment, or they’ll have to pay for hospital expenses.
In the end, it is a good idea to consider the Government of West Bengal launching the Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2023 to provide financial aid for health-related problems to those living in the state. It’s