The Government of UP has launched an app called ‘E Ganna App‘ to help sugarcane farmers who are being exploited. The app will allow farmers to know in advance the estimated cost of their cane and how sugar mills will transfer the money into their accounts.
The government of India is working hard to improve the condition of its farmers constantly. The government launches various initiatives for the upliftment of the agricultural landscape. India usually witness farmers committing suicide due to poor production or because they don’t receive a fair price for their matured crops. The E Ganna App is designed to increase transparency, improve the supply of sugarcane from farmers to mills and detect irregularities. In this post, we have shed light on the deep roots of this unique platform.
Understanding The Farmer Friendly E Ganna App
E Ganna App has been developed with a strong concept for Indian Farmers of Uttar Pradesh. It offers an online portal where you can get a better understanding of the aims and how this program will benefit you. Through the application and platform it has served 169 sugarcane associations in UP. Thanks to the efficient application of this platform, sugarcane farmers are able to get their supply slips from any sugar mill using the internet-based service. This will help to reduce any long-running process by automating the calendering process and the distribution system for ‘Purchi’ the farmers, thus changing the status of payments immediately.
|E Ganna App
|State Government of UP
|12 November 2019
|Connecting UP Farmers with Agricultural Product Buyers and Sellers.
|Farmers, Agricultural Product Buyers and Sellers
|Name of State
Purpose of E Ganna App
All sugarcane growers can download the E Ganna app and receive all information about their sugarcane supply with just a click of their smartphone. The app contains only 100% accurate information, as the data is directly provided by the official database of the sugarcane department. The app would be used to measure the crop and assess its value while the grower was present. Payments were then recorded by the mills in a specified time frame.
Salient Features of E Ganna App
The E Ganna App is being unique because of its unique features and offerings that helps farmers to do their task easily and enhances their experience. Here are the some of the features of E Ganna App listed below:
- Eradicates Cane Mafia: The unique initiative by the UP Government focuses on eliminating the notorious Cane Mafia, thereby giving relief to farmers who are the target of these gangs.
- Total Transparency: The app ensures transparency for the sugarcane farmers. The sugarcane farmers can easily navigate through the app, view all the data whenever required and upload important forms online.
- No Mediator: The intermediaries between the farmer and buyer are eliminated and farmers can directly sell their products to mills.
Advantages of E Ganna App
There are numerous advantages of E Ganna App that can help you out in various ways, here we have written some of its benefits that you can check out below:
- The website is controlled and overseen by the department that oversees sugarcane of the UP government. This guarantees the authenticity of the information and updates posted on the app.
- Helps to eliminate the Cane Mafia and power of the Cane Development Societies.
- The portal guarantees that there is transparency in the process of receiving sugar company slips.
- It facilitates the supply of sugarcane directly from farmers to mills, thus avoiding intermediaries and monitoring any irregularities.
- Designed with the aim to help the small and marginal farmers of cane who are abused by the “ganna mafia” within the UP in a major way.
E Ganna App Benefits For The Sugarcane Farmers
The sugarcane farmers can get various benefits of E Ganna App and here we have mentioned some of them below, that gives an opportunity to gain knowledge about its initiatives .
- Farmers will know ahead of time about the amount of sugar they will be growing the season.
- Sugarcane farmers are able to easily calculate the price of their produce.
- The app provides an analysis of a farmer and be able to discern their location.
- The farmers can directly transfer the amount given by sugar mills to farmers directly to their accounts.
Steps to Register at E Ganna App
Once you’ve installed your E Ganna App you need to finish the registration process following these steps:
- Step 1: After installing the app on your device, click and start it.
- Step 2: Open the application and click Menu Bar.
- Step 3: From there, click on “register” and then click on the “Register Farmer”. Enter the necessary information in the input boxes.
- Step 4: Enter your UGC Code written on your passbook. In the case that you do not find it, then you may also choose the district.
- Step 5: As you move forward, input your area or village code to ensure that you are able to identify your zone.
- Step 6: A List will be given to you of all names of farmers, choose your name in the list.
- Step 7: Once you have mentioned your username, register successfully with E Ganna App.
E Ganna App Login Process
Once completed the registration, the login process becomes simple to do in a flash. Check out the steps below:
- Step 1: The most important step is to open the E Ganna Application or visit their official website.
- Step 2: In the app, scroll down and search for “Log In”.
- Step 3: If you’re connecting to the web browser, then you’ll see an “Log In” option in the upper right-hand edge of the page.
- Step 4: Once you open the browser, enter your details like username, password, and the captcha code.
- Step 5: After completing the form with all details, click on “Login” option to complete the procedure.
UGC Code in E Ganna App
You need to download the UGC code in the E Ganna App first before installing the App on your device. After the UGC code is generated, the users need to sign in to their account via the app using the code along with the village code. Once done, they’ll be able to obtain all the details pertaining to their sugarcane production and supply to mills, and other such.
It contains all personal details as well as information regarding their land as well as their product and supply center, tie-ups with sugar companies and so on.
Overall, The App offers complete information on the farmer calendar, and also provides tickets by a single touch on your mobile. The state government has been working to transform sugarcane farming for the past four years. This has led to the prosperity of farmers. The government launched the App to help sugarcane growers boost their growth and get a fair return for their efforts.
The E Ganna App has been downloaded by over 44.40 lakh state farmers. They can now directly connect to the Uttar Pradesh Sugarcane Department. The farmers are now free from middlemen. The farmers can also get all the information they need through their mobile phones.
Finally, we can conclude that the E Ganna App is a wonderful initiative taken by the Government of Uttar Pradesh for the welfare of its sugarcane farmers. With this app, the government aims to increase sugarcane production and provide a fair cost to farmers. The app has proven to be beneficial in protecting farmers from sugarcane mafias and acting as a mediator between farmers and mills.