It is challenging for governments to provide healthcare services to their citizens. But the digital era helps to serve this Purpose.The government of India started a venture in November 2019 named eSanjeevani to provide healthcare services. The platform provides healthcare consultation to Indian citizens via the Internet. With the help of eSanjeevani, the patient can have a prescription from a specialized doctor. In this article, we will learn what e-Sanjeevani is, its benefits, and whether this scheme serves its Purpose or not?
eSanjeevani : An Overview
eSanjeevani is a cloud-based telemedicine service in India to provide healthcare to rural and remote communities of India. It is the world’s largest documented telemedicine implementation. The e-Sanjeevani served more than 114 million patients until 30th April 2023. There are two modes of e-Sanjeevani:
- eSanjeevani AB-HWC: A platform specially created for doctors across India to communicate and provide healthcare services to the public. Besides, it also includes teleconsultation to patients who can visit the Health and wellness centers.
- eSanjeevani OPD: It is the second platform of eSanjeevani that helps the citizens access healthcare services in remote and rural areas with the support of teleconsultation, Health, and wellness centers. It proved a vital platform at the time of the Pandemic.
Purpose of eSanjeevani
The Purpose of the eSanjeevani is to provide healthcare services to India’s rural, remote areas. It offers various benefits for patients who live in rural and remote areas of India. It also provides multiple features for the patient, such as eprescription and audio or video consultation. During the Pandemic, the e-Sanjeevani helped many people across India.
Registration Process on eSanjeevani
The registration process for eSanjeevani is straightforward. Here is the step-by-step process to register on this platform:
- Step 1: Go to the official website https://esanjeevani.mohfw.gov.in/#/ .
- Step 2: Click on the Patient option.
- Step 3: Click on the Register button.
- Step 4: Enter the mobile number and log in on the portal.
Steps to login eSanjeevani
If you have completed your registration process then the next step is to login eSanjeevani and here are the steps to follow to proceed for the process written below:
- Step 1: Visit on the official website of this platform.
- Step 2: On its official website you will get a section of patient login, tap on it to move ahead.
- Step 3: You will be asked to fill the required credential in the login page that includes your mobile number and token number.
- Step 4: Verify the details you have filled and click on the login button and finish the login process.
- Step 5: After that, you can book your appointment by using this platform easily.
Steps to access the esanjeevani services on a Smartphone
The eSanjeevani portal allows patients to access the services of this portal on smartphones. The user has two options to access the e-Sanjeevani portal:
With the help of Web Browser:
- Step 1: Visit the eSanjeevani official website.
- Step 2: Scan the QR code.
- Step 3: Follow the steps mentioned.
- Step 4: Application of e-Sajeevani
- Step 5: Open the Play Store or App Store
- Step 6: Find the e-Sanjeevani app through the search bar
- Step 7: Install the Application.
- Step 8: Login the Application
Consultation Process on eSanjeevani Portal
The consultation process on the eSanjeevani portal is straightforward. The step-by-step process:
- Step 1: First, visit the official website of eSanjeevani or open the app.
- Step 2: Login on the portal
- Step 3: Check available slots according to your residential city
- Step 4: Book Consultation
- Step 5: Go to the eOPD section of the platform
- Step 6: Have a consultation with a doctor
- Step 7: Get the ePrescription.
Ways to get eSanjeevani Telemedicines
Here are the steps given below to get the eSanjeevanu Telemidicines:
- Step 1: To get the tele medicines you need to go on its official website first.
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website you will get an option of a menu bar where you have to click to move further.
- Step 3: You can register or login your account from this option and after doing so you can consult a doctor or professional through virtual mode.
- Step 4: When you will get examined it will give the prescription and with this your process of getting eSanjeevani Telemedicine is finished.
Features of eSanjeevani
The eSanjeevani provide various features to Indian citizen across the country. Here are vital features:
- Patient Registration: It allows the patients to register themselves on this portal to get the appointment of specialist doctors across the country. That helps to decrease the waste of time during the paperwork at the health and wellness centers.
- ABHA Integration: The eSanjeevani is pre-integrated with the ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission) yojana. It offers up to 5 lacs rupees of medical health care to registered Indian citizens and various other benefits. The user can claim the services of the ABHA yojana through the e-Sanjeevani portal.
- Multi-language Interface: India is a multi-lingual country. Hence, it’s user interface is accessible in 13 languages. So that anyone can access the portal without having difficulties due to their language.
- Online consultation with Doctor: It also allows the patients to consult with specialists over audio and video calls. Due to this feature, the patient can consult with the Doctor without visiting the health and wellness center.
- E-Prescription: The online consultation also allows the doctors to prescribe to the patient, also known as e-prescription. It helps the doctors treat the various patients in less time. Conversely, the patient also gets a prescription for medicines without visiting the hospital.
- Alert Notification: Another vital feature of eSanjeevani is that it provides an SMS or Email notification to the patient about their upcoming appointment with the Doctor or the e-prescription. It helps the patient to visit the healthcare and wellness center at the right time.
Benefits of eSanjeevani
The e-Sanjeevani telemedicine service served thousands of patients every day until April 2023. The total count was 140 million patients across India. Besides, it also provides plenty of benefits to Indian citizens. Here are the key benefits of e-Sanjeevani:
- Government Service: eSanjeevani is an Indian Government portal. Hence, it is available for every Indian citizen irrespective of age, sex, caste, religion, and race. Every Indian citizen can benefit from it after registration.
- Free Service: Being a Government service, it is free of cost for Indian citizens across India. It offers more than 110000 Health and wellness centers across India. At any center, an Indian citizen can benefit from its services without paying a single rupee.
- Medical Specialist: More than 2,25,000 Indian doctors are available on the teleconsultation on this portal. All of these doctors are experts in their specialized fields. These doctors provide the OPD services to the patient over the audio or video teleconsultation.
Importance of eSanjeevani
Here are the few points mentioned below that describes the importance of eSanjeevani:
- The platform is designed by the Indian government to offer free online medical consultation to the users.
- People from rural areas can easily access the healthcare service as it has improved the way of reaching health centers for them and also lowered the strains from crowded areas.
- Users can interact with the health professionals via audio,video and text to get medical advice.
- There are various healthcare companies that charge money for giving consultation but this platform helps them by giving free service at their home.
- It allows doctors to check the recovery progress of patience that helps to boost the quality of healthcare services.
- Doctors can use an effective tool provided by the platform to detect health issues and disease.
Timings of OPD services at eSanjeevani
There is a specific time slot for the patients to get the OPD on this platform. Every state has a different schedule to provide OPD services to patients all over India. A patient must choose the state of living and check the available time slot according to the city. It contains the OPD time slot details of 29 states of India.
In the digital era, India is reaching new heights of growth. The eSanjeevani is one of the examples. The government of India’s initiative is to provide telemedicine to its citizens nationwide. Millions of people are getting healthcare services from e-Sanjeevani. During the Pandemic, it became a vital organ of the Indian healthcare system. It enables the patient to have a teleconsultation with the specialized Doctor over the audio and video call free of cost. If you are an Indian citizen, try the eSanjeevani portal to get healthcare services.